I was searching Pinterest (Are you following my pins?) last week for a fun dessert recipe. Somehow I stumbled upon a great one. Today I finally made this yummy recipe. It was so easy and turned out wonderfully. I followed the directions and only had to bake a little longer. Otherwise everything was perfect. These brownies are delicious, especially if you love the chocolate mint combo.
Here is the recipe as found on Averie Cooks.com:
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons brewed coffee (enhances chocolate flavor without tasting like coffee)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup flour
25 mint Oreos, quartered, divided (save 5 for the top)
1. Preheat the over to 350. Line a 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in bowl.
3. Let butter cool for a few minutes, then add egg, brown sugar, coffee, vanilla, peppermint extract (Do not add too much!) and whisk until smooth.
4. Whisk in cocoa powder until smooth.
5. Add flour and stir until just combined. Don't overmix.
6. Quarter 20 Oreos with a sharp knife and stir into batter. (Save 5 for top.)
7. Turn batter into pan and smooth top.
8. Quarter the remaining 5 Oreos and place evenly on top of batter.
9. Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until done. (This took me about 5 more minutes in my oven.) A toothpick will come out mostly clean when done.
10. Let brownies cool, cut, and eat. Yum!
Yield: 9-12 pieces, depending on how big you want your brownies