*This giveaway is now closed. Congrats to the winner posted below.*
Are you looking for something sweet and tasty that won't ruin your diet? Well, I have found just the thing. Almondina cookies are low salt, low calorie, no cholesterol, no added fat, and no preservatives. And these are a great tasting gourmet treat too!
Here's a little more about the company and story behind this great cookie:
Grandmother's secret recipe is no added fat, no-cholesterol, no salt cookie for our time.
Almondina® is the inspiring success story of a man whose great loves include both music and wonderful food. For generations his family loved his grandmother Dina's most secret cookie, which she called Petit Gateau Sec. Yuval Zaliouk, an internationally known symphony conductor and gourmet chef, always had a special place in his heart (and stomach) for this
exquisite, crunchy wafer with the delicate flavor of roasted almonds, the natural sweetness of plump raisins and the warmth of vanilla.
"Generous as she was in giving away her recipes, Grandma Dina kept the one for Petit Gateau Sec a total secret until the end of her life. Only then did she finally reveal the secret to her daughter, Ahuda, my mother.”
"It is with her blessing and with pride that my family shares these delicious, healthful wonders with your family," says Yuval.
Long after his grandmother's death, Zaliouk became aware that the remarkable characteristics of this addictively delicious but extremely nutritious cookie fell squarely in line with the
growing demands of health-conscious consumers at the end of the century. Within seven years, having started baking in his kitchen, the biscuits (renamed Almondina® after Dina, his
grandmother), were available in all fifty states, sought after in seven foreign countries, and had brought him recognition as Entrepreneur of the Year.
These all-natural, wonderfully crunchy almond biscuits do not contain cholesterol, added fat,
trans-fats, salt, or preservatives. Unlike biscotti, ALMONDINA Brand Biscuits do not have to be dipped. They are a delightful accompaniment for coffee, tea, soft cheeses and dessert wines, or just as an everyday snack.
The rush to eliminate fat from gourmet foods too often has also eliminated most of the flavor, a
fact which is in sharp contrast to these enticingly delicious biscuits.
Since the introduction in 1989 of the classic The Original flavor, eight more distinctive
variations have been introduced, all of which continue to be packed with roasted almonds.
The Company is Celebrating a Delicious Crunch for More Than 20 Years.
Its mission remains the same:
“TO PUT A DELICIOUS HEALTHFUL COOKIE ON EVERY TABLE.”
I received a box of assorted Almondina cookies. There were all sorts of flavors. We enjoyed trying them all. When you need a sweet crunch, these are just the thing. And they are even made right here in Ohio. I couldn't believe that I've never heard of them before.
In Ohio the Almondina cookies are available in stores, such as, The Anderson's, The Fresh Market, Giant Eagle, Kazmaier's, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Trader Joe's, and Walt Churchill's Market. You can see where they are carrying it in other states on the website- http://www.almondina.com/.
Almondina cookies are:
· All Natural
· Free of cholesterol, coloring and preservatives
· Made with no added fat or salt
· Low in calories - only 30 per slice
· Kosher and Pareve (non dairy)
· with tea or coffee
· as a cracker with cream cheese, Brie or other soft French cheeses
· with a glass of sherry
· crumbled as an ice cream topping
· served to youngsters with milk
· as a delicious breakfast on the way to work
· Crunchy, addictive, healthful
Almondina is made in these flavors:
· Original - America's all natural favorite with almonds and raisins
· Chocolate Cherry - We combined the world's finest dark chocolate
with plump cherries to produce an irresistible, decadent treat without guilt.
· Choconut - Rich tasting crunchy chocolate, but low in calories
· Cinnaroma® - The original biscuit for cinnamon lovers
· Gingerspice - Trend setting, with chunks of Australian ginger
· AlmonDuo® - Double-nut wonder with almonds and pistachios
· AnniversaryT - Award winning delight with a touch of anise
· BranTreats® - Made with oat bran and the finest cinnamon "Cookies For Breakfast"
· Sesame - Irresistible, exotic, flavorful
· Seasonal Pumpkin Spice - A seasonal attraction with a delightful touch of fall spices combined with the highest quality almonds and pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
One of my favorites was the Chocolate Cherry one. Wow, the chocolate flavor made it sweet and the chewy dried cherries inside had a nice texture. The other flavors we tried (many of them) were just as good. The Almondina cookies are perfect for an afternoon snack, and I even enjoyed them for a quick breakfast when I didn't have time to eat (or nothing else sounded good) a few times. My son really enjoys these for snacks too. They are quick and easy for him as well.
So look for these great cookies in a store near you. Or you can enter to win a variety box of Almondina cookies like I did. (It was a pretty large box full of cookies too!) You can enter in the Rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Disclaimer: I received this product for review. All opinions are my own.*