A little box that does so many big things. Want to watch a movie? Share YouTube videos with your family? Listen to music? This little box does that and much more. You'll have versatility with your television with the D-Link MovieNite Plus. And it works hand in hand with my D-Link Cloud Camera.
The product: Liven up your night with D-Link MovieNite Plus (DSM-312). Rent and stream new movie releases the same day they come out on DVD with VUDU. MovieNite Plus provides you with the perfect home entertainment content with over 130 apps and channels including: VUDU, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Rhapsody, Picasa, Twitter and mydlink. Experience a stunning home theater experience with full 1080p HD video quality.
- Steam new movie releases the same day they come out on DVD with VUDU - VUDU gives you instant access to the latest movie and TV show releases and you only pay for what you watch (no subscription or late fees).
- Enjoy a home theater experience in stunning 1080p clarity - Get the best HD resolution possible with a 1080p HD experience at an affordable price (HDMI connection required).
- Easy setup will have you watching in minutes, on almost any TV - Built-in wireless, easy onscreen menu and HDMI and composite video/audio connections make MovieNite Plus the perfect media player for any user.
- Instantly watch as many TV episodes and movies as you want with Netflix - Choose and watch as much high quality video as you want over the Internet (Netflix subscription required).
- Enjoy personalized and free Internet radio on your TV with Pandora - Create "stations" based on your favorite artists or songs and Pandora will play their music and more music like it.
- Access billions of videos from YouTube - With the click of a remote you gain access to hours of endless entertainment from YouTube.
- Over 130 apps and channels - Expand your entertainment options with over 13- channels and apps available to enjoy. Access Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Crackle and more from the library of content in MovieNite Plus Apps.
- Up to 1080p HD with HDMI 1.4 output (5.1 audio with Dolby Digital + support)
- Analog Video/Audio (Composite) connection - ability to connect to older TVs
- VUDU movie streaming service
- mydlink - Live viewing of mydlink-enabled Network Cameras
- Multiple connectivity options - Built-in 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and 10/100 Ethernet
What we thought: We have been using the MovieNite Plus for a while now in our house. This little thing packs a punch. It has made watching movies and more so much fun. We can access our Netflix account right on this and get a much better quality picture than we did when we used our Wii to view it. I also enjoy being able to use Pandora on it to play music in the house.
This system is able to do so many things. And it has many apps and channels available that your family can use. It's fun to watch YouTube videos of old cartoons with my son. He has his own Pandora station with children's music that he enjoys. This is a great product that my family uses a lot! I think you will enjoy it too.
Gift ideas: This makes a great gift for the tech-lover or movie-lover in your life. It something that everyone in the family can use. It's very versatile and easy to set up and use too.
Where to buy: You can find the D-Link MovieNite Plus at various retailers and online. (Amazon has a great deal on one right now...just in time for a last minute holiday order.)
*Disclaimer: I received this product for review. All opinions are my own.*