Here are a few of my favorite recipes from the August/September issue of Taste of Home magazine perfect for football parties or tailgating:
Prep: 30 Minutes
Grill: 10 Minutes
¼ cup reduced fat sour cream
½ tsp. grated lime peel
¼ tsp. lime juice
1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
2 tbsp. finely chopped sweet red pepper
2 tbsp. finely chopped sweet onion
2 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
2 tsp. finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. sugar
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp coarsely ground pepper
8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
8 small lettuce leaves
8 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime peel and lime juice. In another small bowl, combine the slaw ingredients. Chill the sauce and slaw until serving.
- Cut each chicken breast in half widthwise; flatten to ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inch from the heat for 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Grill rolls, cut sides down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve chicken on rolls with lettuce tomatoes and slaw.
1 pkg egg noodles
2 lbs ground turkey
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 jar (26 oz) meatless spaghetti sauce
1 can (8 oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies
2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
3 oz. sliced turkey pepperoni
- In a Dutch oven, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground turkey and chopped onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to two greased 12 inch by 9 inch baking dishes. Sprinkle each with mushrooms, cheeses and pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degree for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheeses have melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
We enjoy finding things that we all will like to eat. And if you're getting the Taste of Home magazine bimonthly, you'll have seasonal recipes all the time. Warm casseroles in the fall, yummy holiday meals in winter, fresh garden dishes in the summer and more will keep your family happy. You never know, you might find some new favorite recipes that everyone loves.
You can find recipes and more at http://www.tasteofhome.com/. Plus you can order the magazine to be delivered to you and cookbooks as well. I can tell you from personal experience, these make great Christmas gifts too!
*Disclaimer: I received a copy of Taste of Home to review. All opinions are my own.*