BUMBO BABY SEAT PROPER USE INFORMATION
Contains a video about proper use as well as proper use instructions that can be downloaded, customer service contacts for those that may still have questions, as well as the links we’ve provided below.
- YouTube link to safety video that would allow you to embed on your site: http://youtube.com/bumbousa
- Link to Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) news release about Bumbo Baby Seat Safety:
- Link to Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) news release about key children’s product safety tips:
Key Points about Bumbo Baby Seat:
- The maker and distributor of the Bumbo Baby Seat have as their highest priority the safety of children.
- The Bumbo Baby Seat helps babies sit upright and must be used only when babies can adequately support their own heads.
- The Bumbo Baby Seat must only be used on the floor.
- The Bumbo Baby Seat is safe for its labeled and intended use (on the floor).
- A warning against placing the Bumbo seat on an elevated surface has been included on the back of the seat since it was first produced, and in 2007 it was voluntarily recalled so that a more explicit warning could be added to the front of the seat as a strong reminder to caregivers not to use the seat on elevated surfaces.
- The Bumbo Baby Seat is fully compliant with applicable safety standards, however there are continuing efforts by the makers and distributor of Bumbo and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to educate consumers and reinforce proper seat usage.
- Babies are active and curious and may wiggle out of the seat, which is why a baby should never be left unattended in the seat and caregivers should always follow these basic safety guidelines:
- Use the Bumbo Seat ONLY on a floor-level surface
- Do NOT use the Bumbo Seat on any elevated surface
- Do NOT use the Bumbo Seat as a car or bath seat or in water
- NEVER leave a baby unattended
# # #
*Thanks to Bumbo for sharing this information. I did not receive any compensation for sharing this. I just want my readers and their children to be as safe as possible.*