Thursday, June 10, 2010
I am a big "Sex and the City" television show fan. Of course I did not watch the show when it first appeared on HBO, but I have seen every episode as it was shown on TBS for many years now. I hear that it's the toned down version, and that's probably much better for me. I feel like "Sex and the City" has always been a bit of an indulgence for me. It's not a show that I would typically watch, especially given its main concept. But something about it just works for me. I enjoy it.
When I saw the first movie, I didn't think there was any way it could live up to the show. I waited for a long time to see it. I finally watched it a few months ago. I loved it! I plan to watch it again soon. And now the newest movie "Sex and the City 2" is out. I've heard it's not as good as the first movie or the show, but I still can't wait to see it. I feel like it's a great book that you just can't stand when it's finished. For me these movies have continued the book. I love seeing all the characters and their new lives. It's just a lot of fun.
The Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack was released on May 25th and the movie started in theaters just after that. I was able to preview the soundtrack CD. I really enjoyed the variety of songs on it. There was the iconic theme song in a new version, new songs, and several exotic numbers from various parts of the new movie. I really enjoyed the whole thing. A few songs I will listen to over and over and there are a few I skip, but overall it was a fun CD. And I especially liked the song on it that was performed by all the characters in the movie. Fun!
Some things featured on the Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
are Jennifer Hudson in a new duet "Love is Your Color" with Leona Lewis, songs by CeeLo and Dido, multi-award winner Liza Minnelli as well as Alicia Keys. And of course one of my favorites the stars of Sex and the City 2, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon perform the Helen Reddy classic "I Am Woman."
1. Alicia Keys "Rapture"
2. Dido "Everything to Lose"
3. Cee Lo "Language of Love"
4. Erykah Badu "Window Seat"
5. Natacha Atlas "Kidda"
6. Michael McGregor "Euphrates Dream"
7. Liza Minnelli "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)"
8. Ricki-Lee "Can't Touch It"
9. Alicia Keys "Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis "Love Is Your Color"
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon "I Am Woman"
12. Sex and the City Men's Choir "If Ever I Would Leave You"
13. Sex and the City Men's Choir "Sunrise, Sunset"
14. Sex and the City Men's Choir "Till There Was You"
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered"
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye"
17. Cyndi Lauper "True Colors"
18. Aaron Zigman "Divas and Dunes"
Want to check the Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack out online? Go visit their website. Or you can connect with them on Facebook as well. And for the HUGE SATC fans, you can go sign up to win a phone call from Sarah Jessica Parker herself. Good luck!
Buy It: The Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD is available in stores and online now.
*Disclaimer: I was not paid to post this, but a product was provided to me for the purpose of this review. I am also being entered in a drawing to win a gift card by participating. All opinions are my own.*