Silent, silly, zany and wacky! That’s how every day is with Shaun the Sheep. Add in a little speed and adventure and you have the him in Shaun the Sheep: The Big Chase DVD. You won’t want to much Shaun and his barnyard pals in their races and chases. It’s always good for a laugh.
Program Description On your mark…get set…laugh! Shaun the Sheep and his barnyard buddies are revving up for all new hilarious antics and adventures in Shaun the Sheep: The Big Chase roaring onto DVD April, 19, 2011 from Lionsgate and HIT Entertainment. From big races to big chases, bikes and boats and everything in between, the beloved and International Emmy-winning animated series is speeding off for more wacky adventures.
Five minute shorts of the series currently air in the U.S. on the Disney Channel and the series ranks in the top 5 animated shorts on the network!
DVD Synopsis Start you engines for fun and laughter with Shaun the Sheep and his barnyward buddies, as they speed off to stir up some mayhem in the meadow. The Oscar-winning creators of Wallace & Gromit accelerate the laughter with revved up adventures from big races and chases, to bikes and boats, and everything in between. So buckle up for a wild ride with Shaun, Bitzer, Shirley, those Naughty Pigs next door and introducing their new pal, Timmy (from “Timmy Time” on Playhouse Disney) as fun on the farm shifts into high gear.
* “The Big Chase” – When Timmy drives off on The Farmer’s brand new quad bike, Shaun, Bitzer and the flock have to give chase by any means available! Very soon half the animals on the farm have joined in the chase. Can the sheep rescue Timmy and return the quad bike before The Farmer finds out?
* “Bitzer From the Black Lagoon” – Bitzer falls into a muddy pond while trying to retrieve his ball. When Shaun sees a big, blobby, shambling “thing” squelching across the field, he’s convinced they are being attacked by a swamp monster!
* “Zebra Ducks of the Serengeti” – After getting covered in soot, two hapless ducks are mistaken for a pair of rare African Zebra Ducks. Seeing a way to make money, The Farmer transforms Shaun’s field into an exotic duck sanctuary, which he gleefully opens to the public. Shaun doesn’t appreciate losing his field and sets about exposing the fraud.
* “Bitzer’s Basic Training” – Bitzer thinks The Farmer is planning to replace him, so Shaun helps to get his friend into shape. Unfortunately, Bitzer goes completely over the top with his training regime and starts running the farm with military precision, driving everyone crazy.
* “The Magpie” – A magpie has nested in the big tree and is causing chaos by stealing everything around the farm. The magpie’s nest soon begins to fill up with loot and Shaun has to come up with a brilliant plan to outwit the burgling bird.
* “The Boat” – the Farmer gets Bitzer to help him renovate an old boat, but as soon as his back is turned, the sheep and pigs turn the refurbishment into a swashbuckling game of pirates.
* “Hide & Squeak” – A cute mouse appears in the farmhouse and terrorizes The Farmer. Pidsley the car is ordered to dispose of the rodent. When the mouse takes refuge in Shaun’s fleece, the flock persuades him to protect their new friend from the pitiless cat.
This Shaun the Sheep DVD is up to par with all his others. Shaun is so funny with his buddies in the barnyard. My son and I enjoyed this video together. Even with a silent sheep, it’s still entertaining…maybe even more so this way.
The Shaun the Sheep: The Big Chase DVD also has bonus features “The Mini Making of Shaun Videos” and “Timmy’s Tune #1” for your enjoyment. You can find Shaun the Sheep: The Big Chase DVD in stores and online as well. And I have one copy to giveaway, so enter in the form below.
*Disclaimer: I received a product for this review. All opinions are my own.*